So I was sorting out my photos last night using a program called ristretto. It’s an image viewer which also lets you delete photos.
Anyway after a while I got sick of the delete confirmation dialog so as any software engineer would do I did an apt-get source ristretto, fired up vim, and soon had something with less frustration.
Having done a semi-decent job of it with adding a setting and whatnot I decided to send it to the upstream author and soon found the relevant bugzilla. There I found a patch from another chap which was almost identical to mine. Oh well.
Lesson learned: read bugzilla before firing up the editor…